- Performance Max campaigns were only announced at the end of 2021, It is now accessible to all marketers and uses a single campaign to display advertisements on both the Google Search and Display networks.
- The Performance Max Campaign can able to shows ads on all of the Google Ads platform’s channels, including Search, Shopping, YouTube, Display, Discover, Gmail, and Maps.
- Performance Max Ads target every campaign individually rather than using particular ad formats, such as Search or Shopping Ads.
How Do Performance Max Campaign Work?
- Performance Max campaign is a combination of Search, Shopping, Display, and Youtube Ads.
- You need to provide google with a product, feed, and a bunch of assets like headlines, images, and videos. Depending on the placement, Google will then combine and match all of these elements to create a unique ad.
Benefits of Using Performance Max
- Increase conversions and value
- Find new customers
- Gain richer insights
- Work together with automation
- Reach Potential Customers
- Less Work
How to Create a Performance Max Campaign?
Here are the steps to create a Performance Max Campaign.
⇒ Select a Campaign Objective
Select the last option in the list, “Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance”:
⇒ Select a Campaign Type
Here, you can select a Performance Max campaign.
⇒ Select a conversion goal
Next, select the conversion goals that you need to use for campaign optimization.
- Keep a tight eye on this phase. Remove other goals that are not necessary. This prevents tracking useless stuff like newsletter signups or duplicate goals.
- If you want like to remove a goal, simply click the three dots on the right and click “Remove goal”
⇒ Budget & Bidding
Set up your budget and bid strategy here.
⇒ Campaign Setting
You can make some more campaign modifications in this step, such as choosing the areas you wish to target.
The last import setting is Final URL expansion.
- This option essentially asks you if you want Google to control where your ads are clicked.
- If you select “On: Send traffic to the most relevant URLs on your site”, Google will search behind the Final URL in your ad or the product URLs in your feed for a page on your site that more closely matches the purpose.
- Use the ‘Exclude URLs” to block pages like “About us” or blogs from being used as part of your ads.
⇒ Create Asset Group(s)
- The next is to create one or more asset groups.
- Compared to other campaigns, this is unique.
- An asset group essentially combines an ad group, a product group, and advertising.
In this step, you need to add a headline, description, images, logo, and youtube video.
Here is what you need:
» Headline: 3-5 headlines Long headline: 1-5 long headlines
» Description: 2- 5 description
» Texts Images: at least 1 square and one landscape image
» Logo: at least 1 square logo, others are optional
» YouTube video: up to 5 videos of min 10 seconds
- I listed the minimum for each ad. But ideally, you should provide a bunch of assets Google can combine. Especially in terms of the images, it’s important to provide variation in dimensions and content.
⇒ Audience signal
- Audience signal is another new thing that has a new name but has pretty familiar content.
- According to Google, including an audience signal will enable it to direct its automation toward suitable customers.
- There are several different options here. Google offers you the ability to target custom segments, retarget past customers, or use the information Google has collected on the interests and demographics of visitors to your website.
- If you browse different segments, you might find different audiences who fit your target niche more easily. Choosing “in the market for searching carpet cleaners,” for instance, might be appropriate for a carpet cleaning service.
- Also, you can create custom segments, showing your ad to users who searched for certain keywords in the past or found similar websites to yours.
- Audience signals include the following:
» Custom segments
»Your audiences: these are your remarketing audiences & customer match lists
» Interest & demographics: in-market & affinity audiences
- The list you select won’t be the only criteria for targeting. It gives Google a head start on understanding the demographics of its audience.
Your Final Asset group looks like the one below.
⇒ Add Ad Extension (now known as Assets)
- In addition to configuring your Asset Groups, you can add Ad Extensions. It is now confusingly called Assets, as well.
- Now, your campaign is ready to go! You can follow the above steps and create a Performance Max campaign successfully.
Must follow this guidelines to create performance max campaign. Don’t use Performance Max if you are just starting, or you’re spending less than $1000/month. As a result of your limited budget, you need to take more control over where your ads appear. Performance Max might work for everyone else, but you should test it first.